Online slots have come a long way in recent years, and now, thanks to progressive jackpots, the potential winnings are even higher than ever before. Functionally, a progressive jackpot is designed to gather a small percentage of every cash wager across all sites linked to the same game. As a result, jackpot games can grow to be worth thousands or even millions, with the prize pool rising until one lucky player wins the lot.
Best Casinos for Jackpot Slots
Progressive jackpot slots vastly outnumber the prize pools attached to table games, meaning slot players have many more options for their consideration. Here at NewCasinosOnline.co, these are the most highly regarded online casinos for progressive slots:
Join the fleet! Lucky Admiral gives you a chance to spin & win up to 500 FREE spinson Starburst & other smashing slots!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
UK players only
How High Do Progressive Jackpots Get?
All progressive jackpots are not created equal, with some starting at lower values and capped at set levels, whereas others can start at £1 million and increase to be worth several times that. Ultimately, there is a major variance between what each jackpot can be worth.
Among larger-scale software providers, they like to create jackpot games to accommodate the different budgets of players. For instance, a player might be able to stake £0.10 a turn when playing for a few hundred pounds, whereas another might cost £0.50 to play for £80,000.
At the top end of the scale, software providers will create slots that begin at no less than £1 million. Over the course of weeks and months, the pot will then grow with every stake until it perhaps even surpasses £10 million.
How to Win Progressive Jackpots
From game to game, there is no set way that players can learn how to win progressive jackpots. Aside from playing for longer or using larger stakes, there is no exact way that a player can improve their odds of claiming a progressive payout. In terms of jackpot, these are some of the most common types:
- Match exact symbols: The clearest progressive type is to create a perfect match of five jackpot symbols on the corresponding payline.
- Randomly awarded: Then come the progressive slots that reward the jackpot entirely at random.
- Multi-level payouts: Some jackpots will trigger payouts at different levels, with players winning more or less depending on the size of their stake.
Return-to- player (RTP) is a concept that impacts every game you could play at an online casino. Quite simply, this is an average percentage that determines how often you might win during a longer-term gaming session with a particular game – RTP might vary between 90% and 98% across most games.
As an example, let’s say that you wager a £100 while playing a progressive slot. If the slot has a 95% RTP, then you would hope to earn close to £95 during the session. Overall, this would work out as a £5 net loss with the 95% RTP, but this would be a fair investment for players trying to extend their gaming time in the hope of targeting a progressive payout.
Given the uncertain nature of progressive jackpots, players should stick to slots with higher RTPs, as this will give them more opportunities to win.
Top Progressive Jackpots
Today, every major casino should have games with progressive jackpots, and some sites boast stronger options than others. Here at NewCasinosOnline.co, these are some of the most highly favoured jackpot slots:
- Mega Moolah: There are loads of online casinos which contribute towards Mega Moolah’s progressive jackpot, and that is precisely why is accumulates so quickly. Try it out at Rizk Casino and you will stand the chance of potentially winning a life-changing sum. Remember that the jackpot increases every time someone spins the reels, and that a player could win it at any point.
- Beach Life: This exciting game is one of the best beach-themed slot games in the market and is full of exciting features and bonuses. With vibrant summery colours and cool, tropical sound effects, you will be sure to feel relaxed while playing this one. If you want to give yourself a chance to win the progressive jackpot, head to Slots Heaven or Casino.com.
- Hall of Gods: This Viking slot is a jackpot staple of NetEnt sites such as Rizk Casino. Hall of Gods bears intricate visuals that exhibits ornate styling in the various symbols filling the five-reel slot. Players can win from the 20 paylines in the base game, but Hall of Gods also has Mini, Midi, and Mega Jackpot tiers, with the last typically surpassing the £1 million mark.
Other Jackpot Casino Games
These types of jackpot are exclusive to online slots, with some table games designed to feature them. Compared to slots they are much less common, but there are software providers that have created table games with progressive jackpots.
- Caribbean Draw Poker: At Microgaming casinos, players can place a side-bet on Caribbean Draw Poker for the chance to trigger a progressive windfall if they can win on a royal flush in the main game.
- Roulette Royale: Also available at Microgaming sites, Roulette Royale will award players a progressive payout if the same number ever lands fives consecutively.
- Video Poker: Microgaming solidifies its reputation by also providing progressive video poker, with the two popular titles being Jackpot Deuces and Supajax. Jackpot Deuces is won with a diamond royal flush, while Supajax requires the title symbol and four jacks.
Progressive jackpots offer an enthralling dimension that makes video slots even more exciting to play. Stick with the recommended sits and slots in this special guide and you will get to play for the best.