PayPal is still the best-known e-wallet in the world, with millions of users having first used it for eBay and other retail sites. This is a testament to how trusted the PayPal brand is, and also why gamers are searching high and low for PayPal casino sites on which to play safely.
Before we go on, check out our favourite casino sites that accept PayPal here:
Join the fleet! Lucky Admiral gives you a chance to spin & win up to 500 FREE spinson Starburst & other smashing slots!
See website for terms and conditions.
UK players only
Mr. Spin is a new favourite among slots enthusiasts, with up to 50 free spins on the house as soon as you join – and you can keep what you win!
18+. New players only. Up to 50 (20p) free spins on Reel Royalty. Winnings paid as bonus credit with 20x wagering requirement. 7 days expiry. Max withdrawal from bonus winnings £50. T&Cs apply.
Top Dog Slots Casino offers a up to 500 free spins on your first deposit!
See website for terms and conditions.
UK players only
mFortune offers one of the best mobile casino experiences in the biz. Get up to £10 no deposit bonus – and keep what you win! Then, your 1st deposit is up to 200%!
18+ New players only. 20x wagering requirement. Expires after 7 days. Max withdrawal from bonus winnings £50. T&Cs apply, BeGambleAware.org
Funding Online Slots
When searching for PayPal slots, it’s a simple matter of searching for PayPal casinos.
Now, here are some of our favourite slots that accept PayPal:
You can also check out our full list of top online slots.
PayPal Pros and Cons
Seeing as it is so globally trusted, casino sites are clamouring over one another to arrange a partnership deal with PayPal. All in all, this is great news if you want to find a PayPal casino site. Before you commit, however, it is helpful to comprehend the positives and negatives:
|Create an account free of charge and potentially complete security confirmation in minutes.||PayPal is somewhat under-represented among casino sites. Basically, it is easier to find Neteller or Skrill.|
|Make ultra-quick deposits and withdrawals by using only your login details.||Currency exchanges are typically completed at rates that are below the market value.|
|Shield your credit card or bank account while completing online transactions.||PayPal is often the subject of illegal email campaigns. Always check the sender of any PayPal emails. If in doubt, log in to PayPal.|
|Standard PayPal accounts will let you perform free transfers using your domestic currency.||This is not an exclusive issue to PayPal, but some casinos will not accept e-wallets on their welcome packages and bonus offers.|
|You will not have to share personal information when completing PayPal transactions.|
|PayPal meticulously tracks all of your transactions and will let you review detailed monthly reports.|
As mentioned in the introduction, there are lots of alternative options to PayPal. Now, in this instance, we are not talking about familiar credit/debit cards like MasterCard or VISA. The key alternatives are phone bill payments and e-vouchers. To provide further insight on each, the most common alternatives will be listed and discussed to provide clear perspective.
Phone Bill Payments
Widely available at exclusive mobile casinos like mFortune, phone bill payments are rising in popularity among players. In the use of phone bill casino payments, there are a number of common factors associated:
- Pay later: A key factor in the rising popularity is that deposits can be made now without being required to pay any money until much later when the phone bill eventually arrives.
- Lower deposits: Compared to PayPal, paying by phone bill generally allows for much smaller deposits to be made. Some PayPal casinos will set £5 or £10 as their lowest accepted deposit, but phone bill sites will often accept deposits of just £3.
- Smaller bonuses: On the flip-side, the low-value nature of the deposits can limit the potential of welcome bonuses. For example, you might only be able to claim £30 of a £100 bonus, which is a definite downside.
- Losing track: Another concern is that it can be difficult to keep track of payments in the long run. PayPal is easily accessible, whereas some players might not log in to their phone bill account often enough to remain up-to- date.
- No withdrawals: Withdrawals cannot be made back to your phone bill, which you will need to present a standard payment method anyway.
Like e-wallets, paysafecard sells itself on being a safer alternative to using a credit or debit card to make deposits to an online casino. Essentially, paysafecard functions as an e-voucher that can be acquired online, but there are pros and cons to the method:
- Submit a secure code: The purchaser basically pays for a 19-digit code that can be entered in exchange for British pounds. Upon entry of the code, a casino account will be filled with all or some of the funds on the card.
- No credit cards: paysafecards can be acquired from land-based vendors. Therefore, this eliminates the need for credit cards, which can suite for safety or else for players who do not currently have a card.
- Possible late charges: A downside of paysafecard is that a charge can be incurred for people who don’t use the funds inside of two years.
- Poor withdrawal coverage: Also, it is extremely rare to find casinos that will convert winnings into a new paysafecard code. This can often mean that personal details have to be handed over anyway to complete withdrawal via cheque or bank transfer, which defeats the entire purpose of remaining shielded.
So there you have it – our complete guide to PayPal payments on casino sites. Choose any one of the casino sites above and you can rest assured that your personal details are safe and secure.