The term “no deposit” is used to indicate that casino players can claim an offer without having to make a deposit. While some casinos will provide a set amount of funds, others will offer players a defined number of free spins. Either way, those freebies can help preserve your bankroll for longer.
Here are the top casinos offering no deposit slots:
No Deposit Bonus vs. Free Spins
Players can encounter no deposit slots for real money, with bonus credit and free spins being the two core offers in the marketplace. Discover about how to play no deposit slots by reading about each type below.
No Deposit Bonuses
This form of bonus comes when players are given free credit to play games. By design, these bonuses are appealing because they offer greater control over how much you can choose to wager on video slots and instant games. In doing so, you can figure out a casino’s strong points without using your own funds.
Getting to the cons, these bonuses are often not compatible with table games, as these have much higher wagering requirements. As a result, you might not play any table games until making a deposit. In addition, some deals have short expiry dates that can catch you out, so watch for that the next time you search for “free casino bonus no deposit”.
Fundamentally, these bonuses offer greater wagering control compared to free spins, while also providing access other instant games and scratch cards. All in all, you should be able to use them to your advantage.
You can also play free slots no deposit by claiming no deposit deals that serve up free spins. In the online casino industry, one of the most common examples is when you get free spins for a slot game called Starburst – this deal is available across most NetEnt casinos.
The act of receiving spins is an advantage because you get to play for free. And this is especially true when a casino is generous enough to provide 20 or more free spins. Meanwhile, some deals will let you keep the winnings up to a set value.
The biggest con of free spins is when you are often forced to use them on a single game, thereby eliminating choice. This means that free spin deals can lose their lustre if every site is giving away free spins for Starburst.
How No Deposit Compares to Free Spins
At this stage, it’s going to be helpful to see how both bonus types stack up against each other. The table below concisely rounds up the main pros and cons:
| ||No Deposit Bonuses||Free Spins
|Pros||Play without risk||Very simple to use
|Freedom to play different games||Get to try new games
|Chance to win something for nothing||Can expand a welcome package
|Explore a new casino||Try a new casino before you buy
|Cons||Table games potentially excluded||Shorter expiry dates
|Progressive jackpots often excluded||Release of spins can be spread out
|Wagering requirements usually higher||Limited to select games
|Payment details can be needed||Wagering requirements to clear
No Deposit Talking Points among Players
Naturally, there are some big talking points among those who play or want to play no deposit slots. Your decision to do so is at the expense of playing with real money, so it helps to have even more information to consider.
Can I Win Real Money from No Deposit Slots?
Basically, this is a two-sided answer that is based on whether or not the bonus is sticky (non-cashable) or non-sticky (cashable).
- Sticky: These bonuses are removed when you claim winnings. They can have lower or no wagering requirements, but the winnings can often be capped in the region of £10 to £20.
- Non-sticky: The appeal of non-sticky is that requirements can be cleared. Although the requirements are usually much higher, there is the potential to earn higher winnings, such as up to £50.
When clearing wagering requirements, it helps to consider the return to player (RTP) percentages on games. For instance, a 97% RTP would give you a better long-term chance of clearing your bonuses and walking away with the winnings.
Are No Deposit Slots or Jackpot Slots better for a Big Win?
With no deposit slots, the experience is all about trying out a casino site and maybe earning a smaller sum of winnings. The £50 ceiling quoted above is a dream scenario, as any winnings earned should be considered a success.
Comparatively, there is so much more to gain from playing jackpot slots with real money. Basically, you will not have to worry about earnings being capped or else whittling down your winnings to meet play-through requirements.
Best No Deposit Slots
For reference, there are some great free slots with no deposit to play at the casinos recommended above. Keep reading to uncover some of the best online slot options to try in your next gaming session.
No Deposit Slots Software
All sorts of developers make these types of slots, but here are some of the strongest providers out there:
- NetEnt: The Swedish-bred developer that brought the world hit slots like Starburst, Twin Spin, Jack & the Beanstalk, Planet of the Apes, and the NetEnt Rocks slots.
- Microgaming: A veteran outfit established in the mid-1990s and responsible for making Mega Moolah, Thunderstruck slots, Avalon slots, and so many more.
- NextGen Gaming: A rising star and behind the development of Wonder Hounds, Foxin’ Wins Again, Lightning Gems, Dragon Wins, and King Kong Fury.
- Yggdrasil Gaming: This developer has kept getting stronger through the release of titles like Gem Rocks, Ozwin’s Jackpots, Rainbow Ryan, and Vikings Go Berzerk.
- Intouch Games: Arguably, Intouch is the first mobile casino specialist to start making slots. Key Intouch slots have included Robinson Riches, Spin Kingdom, Buster Safe, Viking Storm, and Quest for Fire.
Common Terms and Conditions
Playing no deposit slots for real money can be a tricky concept if you are not aware of the possible terms and conditions. Broadly speaking, these are some of the most common:
- There will often be higher wagering requirements to clear when playing with no deposit bonus funds (for example, 100 times on a £10 no deposit bonus).
- Some games will only contribute a portion of the standard wagering requirements. Thankfully, almost always contribute 100%, so they will help you clear the requirements much faster.
- Some casinos will let you retain some winnings, but at the expense of leaving the no deposit bonus funds behind. Non-sticky bonuses can be cleared and kept, whereas sticky are lost upon withdrawal.
- Always check for the expiry date, as free spins can be awarded in daily increments that are guaranteed to disappear if unused after 24 hours.
- Payment details can be required as a form of age and identity verification. Failure to present those can prevent you from playing no deposit video slots.
- Withdrawals can potentially be denied until you have made a first-time deposit.
- Similarly, casinos can raise the minimum withdrawal level if you are yet to make an initial deposit.
That is pretty much all you need to know about no deposit slots. We have many more helpful guides to check out.
Looking for fast paced slots tournaments? Check out online slots races!