Credit cards provided the first way of paying online, but there are now many other alternatives that can save you from using plastic on the web. The focus of this guide shall be on helping you find top casinos with no credit card details required.
Best No Card Casinos
Before discussing the topic in detail, here is a handpicked selection of the best no card casinos out there:
Lucky Admiral is a PayPal casino (no card details needed!) Start out with up to 500 free spins bonus!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
UK players only
Play The Following Slots – With No Card Details Needed!
Why Are Players Concerned about Using Cards?
Credit cards and debit cards are directly attached to players’ bank accounts, which can make them feel concerned about card numbers falling into the wrong hands. If they do not believe that a casino can keep their details safe, then they should want to use something else.
It took years for MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by VISA by accepted by gambling sites. Even then, a large portion of casino sites has not implemented these existing security systems in the credit/debit card deposit process.
Encryption Slow to Emerge
More recently, there has been a transition from “http” to “https”, which is the integration of secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption. This is viewed as industry standard, but the slow uptake has led to players seeking alternative payment methods.
Why Do Casinos Ask Players for Card Details?
For players, it is easy to feel cynical about why a site could ask for card details, but there are some viable reasons why they do so.
The UK is one of the most stringent online gambling jurisdictions and is currently in the process of cracking down on underage activity. For this reason, a casino site could ask for credit card details as a quicker way of confirming age and identity.
Withdrawal of Winnings
When it comes to free online casinos no credit card needed, players might be depositing through phone bill or eVouchers. However, a credit card shall definitely required for withdrawing winnings, as those methods are not capable of doing so.
Over the years, casino sites have been a target of organised criminals. They have used online gambling as a means of laundering their illegal funds. By asking for credit card details, a casino can make it tougher for criminals to launder money.
Alternative Payment Options
Now more than ever, it is possible to find casinos with no deposit and no credit card necessary. In many cases, you will see the following alternative payment methods in use.
The strength of an eWallet is that you can attach a credit card or bank account and deposit behind a separate password and username:
- PayPal: PayPal is not the dominant eWallet in the market, but bank accounts or debit cards can offer free transactions, while credit cards are 3.4% plus £0.20.
- NETELLER: There are even more NETELLER casinos out there, but using the eWallet typically carries higher fees on deposits and withdrawals.
These are not quite so common, but there is a highly dominant option in the shape of paysafecard. In this case, players can physically buy a paysafecard and redeem it with no credit card details required.
In the UK, it is widely possible to use a monthly phone bill as the means of funding casino accounts. Here are two mobile apps that can make it happen:
- Boku: The Boku app is better suited for global payments, given the international partnerships in place. Boku can let you confirm a casino deposit by text alone.
- Payforit: Use the Payforit app and you can link an EE, Three, O2, or Vodafone phone bill for depositing to your casino account.
Cryptocurrencies used a technology called block chain, which is said to offer superior security compared to traditional payments. Cryptocurrency casinos are not yet the mainstream, but they are becoming more common:
- Bitcoin: A Bitcoin wallet is used to transfer the cryptocurrency through network codes rather than having to share vulnerable login details.
- Breakout Coin: This is part of the new wave of cryptocurrencies that are starting to find relevance next to the dominant Bitcoin.
Please note: You should know that eVouchers and phone bills are not viable options for withdrawing winnings. Casinos do not send winnings to phone bills and they do not generate eVoucher codes. eWallets and cryptocurrencies can be depended on for claiming winnings, whereas you need a credit card for the other two methods.
No Deposit Casinos
There are casinos out there where you can play with no deposit and no credit card necessary. This free approach does away with credit cards, while also enabling you to save your own funds when gaming.
Playing for Real Money
A no deposit casino can let you play for free real money if you claim bonus funds or free spins. When the time comes, you will need a payment method to claim the winnings, but that is a positive situation to be in. There can be terms like wagering requirements or minimum withdrawals, but these will be discussed in detail in a later section.
No Deposit Bonus Funds vs. Free Spins
A no deposit bonus can be distributed as monetary funds (e.g. £5) or else free spins for slot games, with each offering something different:
- Bonus funds: Getting the exact funds can give you greater freedom to explore a wider selection of games. For instance, some of the top casinos now have few hundred slot games in their respective libraries.
- Free spins: In this case, you might receive 30 free spins that are playable only on Starburst or a handful of slots. At times, the free spins can be helpful if they offer smaller wagering requirements compared to bonus funds.
Key Terms & Conditions to Understand
No deposit bonuses can present a number of challenges when it comes to common terms and conditions. For instance, here are a few important ones to look out for:
- Wagering requirements: You could earn £10 in winnings from a £5 bonus, but there might be 40x wagering requirements to clear before withdrawal is possible. With free spins, the winnings could also incur requirements.
- Restricted games: In using bonuses or free spins, you might be denied access to select slot titles or else table games. Details should be provided in the promotional terms and conditions.
- Expiry dates: At times, bonus funds can typically last for weeks or even months, but free spins might only be available for 24 hours and usually have a shorter lifespan.
- First-time deposit: At times, an online casino will not process any withdrawal requests until you have made a first deposit. This can be a pain, but there could be no other way of obtaining the winnings you have built up.
- Minimum withdrawals: One of the most important terms to watch out for is the minimum withdrawal value. For the most part, this is higher than the minimum deposit, so make sure to check before asking for your winnings.
Why Register without a Card?
Credit cards continue to be handed out from banks to account holders. However, consumers have found that credit cards can be vulnerable and inconvenient for online payments. When playing at casino sites, there are some key advantages for registering without a card.
More Efficient Deposits
Whether submitting the login details for your eWallet or confirming a text message via your phone bill, there are alternative payment methods that do not call for entering lengthy credit card numbers. In an age of efficiency, it is possible to free up time through depositing by eWallet, eVoucher, phone bill, or even cryptocurrency.
Credit cards represent one of the slowest ways of requesting winnings from your casino site. In some cases, you might have to wait for up to seven days for winnings to reach your card. However, an eWallet or a cryptocurrency can offer much quicker speeds and you can obtain the funds even quicker. This eliminates what is often a frustrating waiting time for players.
A credit card could have an upper limit that is worth thousands, making the payment method a much greater risk compared to using a phone bill or eVoucher. In either case, there are lower deposit thresholds in place. For instance, phone bill deposits are restricted to a maximum of £30 per day, whereas an eVoucher is restricted to the overall value.
Alternative payment methods work from either web apps or native apps that can be installed to devices. These closely track transactions and can even provide monitoring tools. In many cases, it is possible to have enhanced account management with alternative methods. Credit cards, meanwhile, are entirely dependent on banks to create effective apps.
eVouchers are purchased in person, phone bills require text confirmation, and cryptocurrency utilises anonymous codes. In each case, players can choose to detach themselves from sharing potentially sensitive information. With an eVoucher, this offers almost complete detachment until the time comes to request winnings.
Credit cards can continue to play a role when combined with methods like eWallets or cryptocurrencies to enhance the safety and security of the deposit process. Hopefully, this guide has given you some ideas about which alternative payment methods to consider.