Here, you can find everything important to know on the topic of new slot machines 2019. The key areas include what makes great new slot games, which developers made the slots, the promotional benefits, and plenty of other details.
What Makes a Great Online Slot?
Now that some of the best new online slots have been shared, it is time to explore what makes a great gaming experience.
Every slot needs to have an initial draw to encourage players to experience them. This can happen in many different ways, from exploring themes like history and sweets to partnering with licensed entertainment properties.
Slots games can go from basic to ambitious in their design, but this does not prevent developers from making their design look good. If a slot does not look good enough for you, then you are certain to find something better looking at another casino.
Some developers are getting even more ambitious when making new slots 2019 releases. By adding a fourth row of symbols, it is quite easy to push a five-reel slot all the way up to 40 or even 50 paylines in total, which is huge.
This stands for return to player (RTP) and is displayed as a percentage. Quite simply, a higher percentage makes it more likely for you to win – anything above 95% is a pretty good RTP.
Variance is what determines how frequently and how valuable a slot will be. Low variance will entail frequent payouts at smaller values, while high variance can have huge winning potential, but you will not win anywhere near as often.
Slot games are outfitted with an array of symbols that are matched on paylines in the same game. However, slots require a little more substance to retain long-term interest. These can include the likes of wild symbols, free spins, multipliers, or the hallowed side games.
Wild are just as important as ever, with these symbols often landing to save a payline win or to make it even larger by appearing at the end of the line. They can be even more valuable when a slot jacks up their multiplier value.
Jackpots will be another factor that comes into play. The higher the variance, the larger the jackpot can potentially be. In some cases, slots will come with a progressive jackpot that expands to huge levels because it is built from players’ wagers.
Nowadays, it is imperative for new slot games to work on many different devices. In terms of prevalence, mobile screens are now more utilised than desktop. Therefore, you have to have slots that can adjust to the varied sizes of the screens on smartphones and tablets.
New slots are more likely to innovate and experiment with new features not found in older games. As a result, it might be a little more challenging than normal to start playing. This is when a demo mode can be so appealing in helping you to get familiar.
One of the best things about new slots is when casino sites attach a special promo to celebrate the release. For instance, you might encounter free spins or deposit bonuses the most commonly.
Who’s behind the Best New Slots?
There are too many slot developers to name in this section. However, New Casinos Online has found that the following developers have proven to be incredibly consistent when producing great new slots.
Eyecon is a quite a traditional slot developer that prefers to make games with cartoon graphics. Rather than pursue elite technical standards, Eyecon prefers to keep things simple and ensure that slots are fun and accessible.
Recreating Old Slots
Nevertheless, Eyecon slots have shown that they can be innovative, with the developer upgrading older titles. For example, Fluffy Favourites has inspired the production of Fluffy Zoo, Fluffy Favourites Fairground, and also a progressive jackpot version as well.
Key Eyecon Features
There are a number of trends that you can easily spot in Eyecon games, with the following being quite common:
- Fun themes: Eyecon keeps the subject matter light by using cartoon graphics avoiding more serious themes.
- Building franchises: The multiple entries into the likes of Fluffy Favourites has enabled Eyecon to capitalise on specific popularity in certain franchises.
- Slot features: 243 ways of winning, free spins, bonus rounds, and progressive jackpots are all commonly utilised features by Eyecon.
NetEnt slots boast an impressive scope, with the developer able to cover all major bases. For every stunningly designed video slot, NetEnt also has simpler retro slot machines with straightforward yet crisp graphics.
Another hallmark of NetEnt slots is the developer’s ability to make games covering a wide variety of themes. These can touch upon areas like animals, history, fantasy, food, holidays, and Hollywood entertainment franchises, and even legendary rock bands.
Key NetEnt Features
Regular NetEnt casino players are likely to have notice the most commonly appearing features in the developer’s slots:
- Cluster Pays: This is a trademarked feature where NetEnt awards winnings for clusters of symbols instead of across traditional paylines.
- Avalanche: In this case, players can win by matching paylines, but the symbols will crumble away and be replaced automatically. As a result, it is possible for more winnings to be received for the same stake.
- Stacked wilds: There can also be a shake-up with wild symbols, where they have the potential to land on stacked over the reels.
- Win both ways: NetEnt has explored the path of making slots winnable both ways over the reels, with Starburst being the most obvious example to play.
- Expanded interfaces: More and more often, NetEnt is now adding extra reels and rows to make more symbols available. Some slots can even be adjustable during gameplay, such as in When Pigs Fly.
Microgaming is one of the longest-running slot developers in the business after starting in 1994. There are now hundreds of Microgaming slots in existence, with a handful remaining popular many years later. In this regard, Thunderstruck 2 and Immortal Romance would be two excellent examples.
A-list Slot Releases
The developer has also shown an affinity for securing licences to entertainment properties. After starting small, Microgaming has eventually been able to create movie slots based on Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Terminator 2, and others.
Key Microgaming Features
Microgaming has not been quite so innovative as NetEnt, but the developer does have some successes in making certain slot features popular:
- Ways of winning: 243 or 1,024 ways of winning are now very common in Microgaming slots and it has taken other developers years to adopt this approach. Players win from adjacently matching symbols rather than over paylines.
- Multiplayer slots: Microgaming was one of the earliest developers to optimise slot games for tournament play. There are now many titles available to play in this format, including Terminator 2, Avalon 2, and Leagues of Fortune.
- Bonus feature selection: Thunderstruck 2 and Game of Thrones are two Microgaming releases that enable players to select their own bonus feature. These are segmented by different weighting of free spins, wilds, and multipliers.
That’s Not All
New slots also seem to have a way of inspiring casino sites to do more with their bonus offers and promotional activities. These are some examples you might encounter:
- Promoting new games: Online casinos want new slot releases to thrive, and one of the top strategies for achieving this is by awarding free spins or else enhanced deposit bonuses to those who play them.
- Slot tourneys: Casinos can also highlight the qualities of their fresh slot releases by making them the focal point of the latest slot tournament or leaderboard challenge. Players will then have plenty of time to try to them out.
- Bigger jackpots: There could even be a scenario where a new slot has a progressive jackpot that is automatically started off from a higher level to draw some extra attention to coincide with the game’s release.
Which Trends Are We Seeing in Online Slots?
There are many aspects of slots that remain consistent, but some developers are going to incredible lengths to innovate. These are some of the biggest current trends that we saw last year:
- Virtual reality slots: VR slots are slots are in their infancy, with developers still working on the first releases. In 2018, we saw some developers dive a little more into this type of slots.
- Expanded reels: Expanding reels impressed slot players in 2018.
- Slots with no reels: Some slots have done away with classic reels for breakable blocks or symbols.
- Movie slots: Movies have long-served as inspiration for slot games, but the improving visual standards means that these now look better than ever.
- Slot tournaments: Each casino adopts its own approach, from more laid-back weekly slot tournaments to fast-paced slot races with intense action.
- New Themes – We saw a lot more fairytale and celebrity slots in 2018 rather than the typical Irish or Egyptian slots. These new themes impressed players.
- Dedicated Casinos – Slots have become very big and this year we saw more casinos that are dedicated to slots making things easier for slot fans.
- Free Spins Instead Of Deposit Bonus – We predicted that we would see more Free spins instead of deposit bonuses this year but there has been more of a focus on no deposit bonuses which casino fans love.
- Better Graphics – 2018 has provided us with slot games with much better graphics than before. Games load a lot quicker now and there are even some 3D elements.
- Cross-Platform Functionality – 2018 has seen a lot more mobile games than before but there is still room for improvement on adapting these games for cross-platform functionality.
What We See Coming In 2019
Keep reading to find out about our predictions for 2019 slot games:
- Skill Based Bonus Rounds – In 2019, we expect to see a lot more skill based bonus rounds in slot games to give players the chance to get better at these games. Being lucky is fun but having the chance to affect your game with your skills is more exciting.
- Cutting Edge Graphics/Intros – The graphics have been improving over the past year but in 2019, we are hoping for some more cutting edge graphics. Hopefully, developers will add some better animated intros to each of their games.
- Slot Focused Promos – A lot of people choose these casino sites for their slot games so we are hoping that in 2019, more of the promos on the sites are slot focused. Players should be rewarded for playing their favourite slot games loyally.
- Cryptocurrencies – Recently, there has been more talk of cryptocurrencies appearing on casino sites. We hope that in 2019, more sites are able to accept payment using these cryptocurrencies to make payments a lot easier.
It is clear that slot games are still evolving and players love to keep coming back to see what is new. We are excited for all of the new slot games that are due to be released in 2019 and hope that they will include some exciting graphics and bonuses. Make sure to check back often to find out more about the latest slot games as they might just be your new favourite game.
Top Dog Slots - Claim Bonus Now!