2019 is here and there are lots of new and exciting trends that will be shaking up the online casino market for the better. So be prepared to be carried along on an informative journey of new online casinos plus other major trends in online betting.
Top Casino Launches
After seeing a number of impressive launches for new online casinos last year, it is now time to shift the gaze onto the new year. These are some of the best new online casinos 2019 for you to check out:
Crazy Fun on Bingo Crazy! Grab up to 500 free bonus spins every time you make a deposit!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
Find your own way in this universe with up to 500 free spins at Luck Stars Casino
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
Lucky Admiral was just re-launched with the best UK mobile casino software. Grab up to 500 free spins!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
UK players only
Top Dog Slots Casino offers a up to 500 free spins on your first deposit!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
UK players only
High Roller Casino will give you up to £200 extra from a 100% match bonus. You will also be able to claim 50 free spins!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
This casino gives you super bonuses! Get a 100% bonus on your 1st deposit + 50 free spins!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
How the Best New Casinos Stand Out
At NewOnlineCasinos.co, there is a clear approach for determining how we find the best new online casinos. There are numerous sections covered in the process, but it all starts with analysing the basics first:
- Gaming licences: New casinos are not legitimate unless holding a remote gaming licence, which can be obtained from jurisdictions like the UK, Malta, or Gibraltar.
- Safe and secure: A new casino should either explain its use of SSL encryption and/or display a green lock icon in the web address to show high security standards.
- Fast payouts: The best casino sites will not impose red tape when players wish to withdraw their winnings. New sites must take processing speeds into account.
- Player support: Every new casino should be willing to let their players ask questions, and these can be delivered through the likes of live chat, telephone, or email.
The delivering of bonus funds is usually the first way in which a new site draws the attention of players. However, the leading online casinos shall find ways of continuing to deliver such offers to players. These are some of the most common bonuses at new casinos:
- Welcome packages: Players can encounter packages of bonuses, such as deposit bonuses, no deposit bonuses, and free spins. The funds themselves can also be defined as cash-able, which can be cleared and withdrawn, and sticky, which are easy to secure winnings from and cannot be removed.
- No deposit: You can obtain either free-play funds or free spins depending on the new casino 2019 no deposit offer you claim. A new online casino no deposit bonus can either be cash-able or sticky. Higher wagering requirements are often found with cash-able bonuses of this variety.
- First deposit: After benefiting from a new casino no deposit bonus, you can then make your first deposit and earn a further bonus. For example, you might deposit £50 and receive a 100% match bonus that goes up to £50, giving you £100 overall.
- Loyalty/VIPs/High Rollers: Rewards can be awarded for loyal players and VIPs alike. These schemes typically give players the opportunity to wager and climb through tiers to unlock more and more bonuses as they go along.
- Refer a friend: This is a classic type of offer where you are given the option to invite friends to join your online casino. If your friend deposits, then a new casino could give you a one-off bonus of say £10.
- Exclusive bonuses: Here at New Online Casinos, there are plenty of bonuses exclusively available here and not anywhere else. A new casino bonus of this variety will give you more than the standard offers awarded straight from a site itself.
- Max cash-out bonuses: By design, some bonuses will not let you withdraw winnings over a specific value, such as £50. As such, the casino can remove the remaining funds whenever the time comes to remove your winnings.
- Special promotions: The newest casinos have also taken the opportunity to promote freshly released slot games by awarding bonuses or spins. In addition, some casinos run tournaments where bonuses are given away as prizes.
- Banking bonuses: For some payment methods, you can receive a bonus. And there are lots of new brands that will reward players who use eWallets by giving them, for example, a 10% bonus for every transaction made.
More people now access the internet using mobile devices than desktop. Fortunately, the finest new online casinos are launching with widespread mobile compatibility from the outset. And this can be achieved either through instant-play site in web browsers or else natively designed mobile apps.
Sony, Samsung, and HTC are three of the main manufacturers producing Android-compatible smartphones and tablets. The newest mobile casinos are providing browser-based access to Android users, but they are also making native Android apps following the relaxation of Google Play restrictions in relation to gambling.
Apple’s iOS software is used to run iPhones and iPads, and these offer elite performance that can sometimes surpass that of Android devices. As a result, many of the new mobile casino brands are giving special focus in terms of iOS apps, while also maintaining the delivery of web apps through HTML5 browsers.
The importance of gaming software has spiked in recent years, leading the bulk of new casinos to launch using the help of multiple studios, and causing established sites to follow suit. For players, this means they can try games from numerous providers instead of only one. As a result, this improves the standard of games and the wider level of choice.
Microgaming started in 1994, placing the software provider at the very advent of the online casino marketplace. The provider is headquartered on the Isle of Man and excels in the development of software devoted to video slots, progressive jackpots, and table games. New casinos are drawing interest from players by providing the hottest Microgaming slots.
NetEnt began shortly after, in 1996, but quickly caught up ground on Microgaming to also become of the world’s leading casino software providers. Over the years, NetEnt has pursued breaking trends such as live dealers, mobile compatibility, and virtual reality. New NetEnt casinos display consistently high quality standards in their vast gaming libraries.
NYX is a group representing a global network of software studios. Four of the studios operate on an in-house basis, while NYX delivers content from a further 40-plus studios on a third-party basis. NYX is capable of sharing content across desktop and mobile, while the key product categories cover casino, poker, sports book, bingo, lottery, and social gaming. New sites work with NYX in order to have a much wider selection of slots and instant games.
The top new casinos have to consider their game selections. By securing partnerships with elite software providers, a fresh site is then capable of delivering table game favourites, non-casino variants, and, of course, the hugely popular video slots whenever they have high return to player (RTP) percentages.
Cover the Basics
When it comes to the basics, a new casino has to at least have roulette wheels and blackjack tables devoted to European and US rules. These can also include the likes of Atlantic City, Vegas Strip, Vegas Downtown, Spanish, French, and English if the casino wants to get extremely diverse.
Outside of the two most popular tables, there are other games that have consistently proven to be hits among smaller groups of online casino enthusiasts. For instance, baccarat and punto banco can appeal when players want to try different takes on blackjack, while craps incorporates dice and casino poker can include Caribbean stud and hold’em tables.
New online casinos are also showing that there is fresh life to be breathed into older games. Online scratch cards appeared a number of years back, but they used to be extremely basic in appearance, whereas they now have heightened production values in many cases. New sites are now picking them up and providing them to players.
Outside of scratch cards, there are further instant games to be found in new sites. Keno and lottery games have considerable overlap, given their use of numbered balls. These can present fun yet casual experiences, and some software studios are now focusing mainly on development in those areas.
Video Slot Types
Video slot is used as an umbrella to cover the many different types of sub-category found within a much larger selection. Today, video slots can embrace story elements or else distinguish using a number of other features, as outlined below.
New casinos have proven the importance of being able to diversify, but they also understand the need for high RTPs to reward players in their gaming experiences. This can be expected in the main types of video slots:
- Video slots: Software studios now develop immersive video slots that include story elements, but they can also be basic and focus on features. Nowadays, there are even video slots created under the licence of famous movies and TV shows. New casino entrants have to ensure a wide variety of these.
- Multiline slots: Video slots are outfitted with multiple paylines, but many of the titles are found within the range of 10 to 25 paylines. However, there are online slots that will go far beyond that upper threshold by offering 40, 50, or even more.
- 3D slots: There are some slots that go far above the visual standard set by what are already highly playable games. In this case, 3D slots are those that create an immersive environment where characters can walk around the reels and react to events. This is another category that is easier to find at new sites.
- Slots with bonus features: The new slot games that keep getting played over and over again are the ones with bonus features that players want to try and unlock. Bonus features can vary, but some of the more common would include free spins, wild symbols, bonus actions, and mini games.
- Progressive slots: The progressive jackpot is one of the most enticing features to be offered by new sites, as they rise in value by taking a small percentage of every cash wager placed. Progressive slots give players an added incentive of targeting higher winnings from those rising jackpot pools.
Quality matters at the best online casinos to launch, but this can also be driven by an abundance of options. Every player has individual preferences in a selection of areas, whether that will be bonuses, promotions, devices, software, or games. And the same can be said of banking options, with more definitely being better for players.
Moving forward, the contributors of New Online Casinos are convinced that cryptocurrencies will keep getting more popular in 2019. Bitcoin casinos are now appearing in the marketplace at a quicker rate than ever, meaning players are starting to see these payments as a fresh option.
The viability of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is driven by the fact that players do not need to use a credit card or bank account to obtain casino funds. They simply use codes to confirm the transfer of Bitcoin funds to their casino account. A new casino can process transactions quicker with Bitcoin and at lower costs to players.
Recent casino launches have highlighted the continued embrace of eWallets. Players want to use them and new sites have responded by providing compatibility. Neteller and Skrill are highly prevalent now and can enable players to deposits and withdraw in rapid timeframes. PayPal is slightly less common despite its global standing, but is still majorly popular.
For the players who use eWallets, they can protect their bank account, debit card, or credit card behind the application. This means that they will not have to share sensitive financial info whenever they wish to top up an online casino account. New sites release the important of establishing trust through respecting player safety and security.
These are available on a prepaid basis, with some vendors offering the options for online or offline purchase. Paysafecard is arguably the best-known and can be obtained from physical vendors in many part of the world. A new Paysafecard casino will be able to accept the special pin-code and add the funds to a player’s account.
The newest casino brands to launch are showing a real desire to give players payment options in as many ways as possible. And Paysafecard is the most requested option, given that they are so widely available, while also shielding financial details from being needed in casino deposits.
Another trend for 2019 will be the further growth of phone bill casino payments. These let players who have monthly phone bills or topped up accounts to transfer funds simply through confirming a transactions by submitting text messages within the security protocols dictated by the app they are using.
In the UK, there are a handful of apps capable of completing phone bill casino deposits, with Boku and Zimpler being some of the standouts. New casinos get it that players want to complete payments in innovative ways that are closer to simplified way in which they send text messages. The top sites to launch will not strive to cover one phone bill method.
These continue to be accepted by new sites, which realise some players still prefer the classics. As such, the onus is still on first-time operators to ensure that players who prefer to use plastic will continue to receive support.
Variety is something that can also be achieved, considering how there are casinos that focus entirely on delivering VISA and MasterCard. For starters, both payment operators provide debit cards, including VISA Debit and Maestro. And then there are the less widely supported credit card vendors, such as American Express, which can now be found at new sites.
Outcome of Predictions for New Online Casinos
The newest online casinos to reach the marketplace last year were primed to unleash a wealth of fresh innovations that dazzled players. There were lots of things to look forward to. Here, we are taking a look at how our most hotly anticipated innovations played out in last year.
VR Casinos Expand
The wealthier and larger-scale iGaming software companies used considerable resources to develop virtual reality (VR) casino games. Thus far, process has been time consuming, but you should absolutely expect progress for the next year. The most ambitious new sites could seek to implement VR functionality in 2019. This has been a huge step in the online gambling industry through 2018 and exactly what we expected.
What Are VR Casinos?
A VR casino is one where players can use a wearable headset to explore an entirely virtual environment. Companies like Samsung produces electronics termed as augmented reality (AR), but this avenue does not offer the completeness of VR.
VR casinos are still not yet as widely available as they should be, with only a handful of new sites made available in 2018. These casinos are providing stunning experiences where players can explore a lobby through which various games can be accessed. There is considerable growth to come from VR casino sites, with many more new brands expected to emerge and drive the market forward.
VR Table Games
Software companies have been working to create virtual reality experiences in the categories of blackjack, poker, and roulette. In each case, players enter a virtual environment where they can site at a table and bet on rounds. This shall be perfect for new sites that want to launch with a wider selection of casino tables next year.
Nowadays, it is possible for developers to entirely focus on live dealer games. In the case of Evolution Gaming, it would be fascinating to see the developer share VR experiences broadcast live from inside of real-world casinos in 2019, we didn’t quite get to see this achieved in 2018.
VR Slot Games
Video slots have not gone unnoticed in the development of VR casino games, with some top developers working on how to convert their most popular titles into the virtual world. Visually, players will be able to see the reels of VR slots right in front of their face, with various characters also taking part in the experience.
In video slots, players are already encouraged to get lost in their imagination, whether it be questing through medieval times or duelling in the Wild West. The widely expect roll out of VR casino gaming in 2019 shall provide immersion to rival the quality of games already found on computer game consoles.
VR Casino FAQs
When it comes to the new wave of VR casinos, there are many unknowns, but there is currently enough information on this innovative concept that answers can be provided to some of the most frequently asked questions:
- How do I get started? You need to possess a VR headset and a PC capable of powering the device before being able to play. Headsets are produced by a small number of companies, including Oculus and HTC. If you have a headset and PC, then you will have the potential to play at VR casinos, but only if they are compatible with your setup.
- Where can I find assistance? Your first port of call should be to consult the manufacturer of your VR headset. For your device, there will be technical specifications detailing the performance needed from your PC. If the PCR meets the standards, then you should simply be able to follow the instructions. The casino should also be able to provide technical details, but relating to their games.
- Do I need special software? At this point, the first VR casino experiences are available through downloadable software that must be installed. This is expected to be the case whenever a viable VR casino market is up and running. However, there are some casinos offering basic VR lobbies that do not have to be installed, but those sites are low on quality.
- Can I demo live games? Live games are those hosted by human dealers. At this point, developers are focused on making non-live VR casino games. In the future, if live VR games are made available through specialist cameras, then do not expect to demo them. The current crop of live dealer games cannot be played for free, but it is possible to watch paying players, which could eventually be the same on VR.
- Can I play on the move? A fully VR casino will not let you play on the move, as you must be wearing a headset that is connect to a compatible PC. As you can imagine, it will not be possible to wander around coffee shops with such a setup. AR casinos can be compatible through Google Glass or Samsung Gear, which are possible, but these do not run at the same quality as the prime headsets.
- Are VR casino games fair? When real-money VR casino games are rolled out, they must still adhere to the same standards demanded of existing games. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to be present at casino sites. And part of the process will be the independent testing and verification of the random number generators (RNGs) and algorithms used in VR games.
- Is it safe to play VR games? In VR games, it is common to lose track of time and your position in a room. Therefore, you should set alarms to remind how long you have been playing, and also make sure to keep harmful objects out of the way – these steps will help you to remain safe. When playing AR games, always try to remain seated if you are in an outdoor environment.
Recent years have seen a bona fide explosion in the growth of eSports. And this has been to the point that global TV sports channels like ESPN are now covering the area. Moving forward, the expectation is that the eSports audience will continue to increase, thus making it a viable betting area for new betting sites to pursue in 2019. This has been a massive trend in 2018 that we have found has been extremely popular with players and only looks set to grow even further in popularity.
What Are eSports?
The term eSports is used to describe the competitive environment in which a selection of extremely popular computer games are now played by millions, with the very best attracting best in international tournaments. Now, it is possible to visit major new betting sites and place wagers on who shall win eSports tournaments.
Some gaming categories are much more popular than others in the realm of eSports betting. Thus far, the betting markets seem to favour the likes of multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBAs), first-person shooters (FPS), and real-time strategy games. Within each category, there are a couple of standout eSports to enjoy or bet on.
For the casual gamer, it is possible to play in smaller-scale cash tournaments, but it is much more common to become an eSports fan and bettor. This is similar to traditional sports in that you watch the action play out on your latest wagers. The added dimension of financially backing the potential winner can give the experience an edge.
Top eSports Games
eSports betting covers a number of games across different gaming formats. Some games are more popular, but each of them can offer something novel when being covered by new betting sites.In this area, you shall be able to find more details on the most popular eSports games to bet on.
League of Legends is commonly abbreviated as LoL when discussing the MOBA, which received initial releases in October 2009. Riot Games was responsible for both the development and publishing of what has become a hugely popular game in its own right, let alone eSports betting.
In a game of LoL, each human player shall take control of a champion that is placed on one of the active teams available. Typically, the challenge is to destroy a structure possessed by the other team (called “nexus). However, there can often be other objectives included to provide even more betting options.
Considering the team-based approach, LoL attracts a lot of interest when it comes to seeing how players can combine. There are global events that attract the entry of completely professional teams competing for millions of dollars. Knowing the strengths of the players and their teams can give bettors and upper hand in their eSports wagers.
Defense of the Ancients (Dota) initially began as a mod for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos before emerging in its own right as Dota 2 in July 2013. Valve Corporation oversaw the development and release of Dota 2, which rapidly caught up ground on fellow MOBA LoL.
The structure of Dota 2 is one that will see two teams of players apiece do battle. Most commonly, this will challenge each team to defend their base while trying to control that of the opposition. The design of the game will see each player control only one character, who then possesses unique abilities to form different styles of play.
Considering intricacies associated with playing Dota 2, there is a lot of learning on the part of bettors. Nevertheless, there ability to soak up information about their favourite teams will give them an edge whenever it comes to betting on who is going to win the multi-million-dollar Dota 2 tournaments that now take place throughout the year.
The original StarCraft was published by Blizzard Entertainment in 1998, but the sequel was not introduced until July 2010. In terms of concept, StarCraft II is a real-time strategy game where the theme is one of military science fiction. In the StarCraft II universe, the races of the Terrans, Zerg, and Protoss form the characters.
In eSports, StarCraft: Brood War is one of the most popular variants and includes an internal ranking system. The North American Star League is one of the most popular competitions, but there are others such as the GomTV Star League, while South Korea retains a strong affection for watching and betting on the game.
At its height, StarCraft II could offer tournaments in excess of $100,000, but now the options are little sparser. Although still running as an eSport, StarCraft II has struggled to compete with the rising number of players enjoying Dota 2 and LoL. StarCraft II betting markets are less common than those from other eSports games, as a consequence.
One of the more recent MOBAs to emerge has been Heroes of the Storm, which was released in 2015 by Blizzard Entertainment. The name Heroes of the Storm is used to signify the presence of characters from the other major computer games to be developed and released by Blizzard Entertainment.
In Heroes of the Storm, the characters come from hit franchises such as Diablo, StarCraft, Warcraft, Overwatch, and The Lost Vikings. eSports players have the options of choose characters from those other titles and then do battle in teams of five versus five. Betting fans can root for their beloved characters from their preferred Blizzard game.
The focus of Heroes of the Storm is on beating the other team’s opponents in combat, which differs from the task-based approach seen in LoL and Dota 2. Heroes of the Storm is still building a fan base to try and rival that of the more established MOBAs, but there is plenty of time this to rise as an extremely popular game to bet on.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is a new take on what was already long-running FPS rolled out from the Half-Life series of games developed by Valve Corporation. CS:GO first emerged in 2012 to provide highly competitive environments in which a team of counter-terrorists attempt to neutralise the threat of terrorists.
The threat of the terrorists can take on numerous forms, with the counter-terrorists given corresponding objectives. In CS:GO some of the most popular formats of tournament include planting bombs and rescuing hostages. CS:GO can be played on consoles, but the most competitive eSports players prefer PCs for the responsiveness of a mouse.
CS:GO does not attract the same level of attention as MOBAs, but the game is still capable of delivering prize pools that reach $1 million for the world’s most popular tournaments. More commonly, however, the prize pools shall be hundreds of thousands. Meanwhile, CS:GO fans can keep up with the action on streaming services while bettingon their preferred team.
Call of Duty is the undisputed king of FPS gameplay and also features prominently in the eSports realm. The series first began in 2003, when the developers started by focusing on World War Two. Years later, Call of Duty extended the scope by exploring the Cold War as well as imagining future warfare in blockbuster story scenarios.
The multiplayer format has remained the most popular way to play Call of Duty Games. As a result, the series has found a massive eSports audience of fans who want to see just how good the world’s best players are and earn winnings to boot. Various Call of Duty entries have featured in eSports tournaments, including the Modern Warfare and Black Ops series.
For those who watch Call of Duty tournaments, they can witness players competing in an array of formats. These can feature team structures of three versus three or six versus six, while also covering tournament formats such as singles ladder, team ladder, and doubles ladder. Competitive players can have hundreds of thousands of fans supporting them.
In eSports betting, Overwatch represents another critical and marketplace success for Blizzard Entertainment, which has been responsible for StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm. This time, Blizzard has shifted the focus dramatically by developing and releasing an FPS game for the eSports audience, who now adore Overwatch.
The appeal of Overwatch betting stems from the fact that Blizzard has made the game accessible even for casual players. Quite simply, this has been done through integrating role-playing concepts found in MOBAs, whereby each player selects a role in the teams, such as sniping, healing, or just rushing around shooting other players.
Overwatch has also appealed, since launching in 2016, because of the pre-defined characters who have been carefully honed and boats their own personalities. Blizzard did not intend for Overwatch to become an eSports sensation, but that has happened, nonetheless. Tournaments are now hosted regularly and betting markets provided.
Sports Betting Still Hits the Spot
Casino gamers can enjoy a variety of categories at the very same site. Today, there is room to pursue a variety of interests, and that goes for also appreciating sports betting. And it can be even more convenient nowadays if you happen to play at a new casino site that also covers sports betting markets.
Sports Betting Explained
The process is one of backing a result or outcome in the sport of your choice. For example, you might want to pick the winner of Barcelona v Real Madrid, back a runner in the Grand National, or identify which team is going to win the Super Bowl. All of that and more are possible whenever you visit a new sports betting site.
Sports and competitions from all over the world are covered. Meanwhile, there are various betting markets to select within those. Each year, there are literally billions of outcomes to bet on. However, you stand a superior chance of success by focusing on the sports you know and follow.
Possible Sports to Back
Today, it is difficult to find a legitimate sport that does not yield betting opportunities. The UK is home to many popular sports, but now fans of American and Asian sports can also expect coverage from the bookies. Here are some of the most popular sports to bet on:
- Football: The Premier League leads the way in the UK, which is also home to the Championship and Scottish Premier Football League. Top European club competitions include the Champions League, La Liga, and Serie A, while international fans can back the World Cup, European Championships, Copa America, and more.
- Horse racing: To this day, horse racing contends with football as the leading betting option in sports. Avid fans can look out for daily race meetings in the schedule, while casual fans can check in throughout the year for major competitions such as the Grand National, Royal Ascot, and the Epsom Derby.
- Tennis: There are four major tennis tournaments every year, not to mention a wealth of smaller events. Across men’s, women’s, doubles, and mixed doubles, there is a vast selection of tennis on which to bet.
- Golf: Fans love to try and pick out who is going win majors such as the Open Championship and PGA Championship. Since Tiger Wood’s dominance ended, there are many more possibilities and kinder odds to target.
- Rugby: Whether fans prefer union or league, there are club and international matches to back in each. The Six Nations remains a popular betting option, while Rugby League provides frequent markets for anybody wanting to back clubs.
- Boxing: Sports betting sites typically accept wagers on divisions going from featherweight all the way up to heavyweight. Across those divisions, there are four major sanctioned bodies in professional boxing, which include WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBF. This gives punters a huge selection of options.
- Darts: The World Championship and Players’ Championship are two tournaments that often draw out darts to place bets. If the favourite fails to win, then the odds can be quite rewarding for winning punters.
- MMA: Mixed martial arts is now well in the mainstream, having been established by the household names of Conor McGregor. This highly technical and demanding form of combat boasts frequent events, title bouts, and various fights. Diligent fans can identify rising stars to back before they get their odds slashed.
- Motor sports: Formula 1 gets much of the buzz when it comes to motor sports, but there are several other key competitions in which to back racers. These include the World Rally Championship, Touring Cars, Indy Cars, and NASCAR.
- Cricket: There are cricket matches played out over multiple tests, while fans can also enjoy one-day action and single tests. Cricket betting is not a massive popular area, but top bookies will be able to provide odds to avid fans.
- Snooker: The World Snooker Championship and UK Open are two of the many leading tournaments available for fans to bet on during the calendar year.
- US sports: The NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB are four mega sports in the US and now receive widespread broadcasting in the UK and further afield. Online sportsbooks can offer competitive odds, given the propensity for upsets in US sports.
Key Betting Terms Explained
In sports, there are numerous betting terms that can require a period of learning from new players. Some of them are pretty simple to grasp from the name alone, while other are quite complex and attached to specific sports. Below is a comprehensive selection of sports betting terms that should be in the vocabulary of experienced fans:
- Ante post: Bookies can give you the chance to place bets years ahead of events occurring. Ante post betting is viable because of the longer odds that are often provided as a reward for acting so early compared to others.
- Arbitrage: Although extremely rare to find, some punters scour the marketplace to find odds that will enable them to back every possible outcome of an event and be guaranteed of a profit. Bookies strive to prevent these opportunities from arising.
- Asian handicap: In sports betting, this is where you apply a positive or negative score to one of the teams. Add the handicap to the final score and then this will determine if the bet is successful or not.
- Both teams to score: There are hundreds of markets in some football matches, with both teams to score presenting a yes or no question as to whether it will happen.
- Closing line: Odds are allowed to fluctuate up until a specified point in time, which is known as the closing line. Odds cannot change after that time.
- Doubles/trebles/multiples: This represents the coming together of multiple outcomes in a single bet. For example, you could back a double of two horses or a treble of three to all win at an event such as Royal Ascot.
- Each-way: An each-way bet is extremely popular in horse racing, given that fans can place a bet backing the winner along with the horse finishing in the top couple of places. This appeals because punters can win back their stake or a small profit if their runner finishes just outside of the top spot.
- Fixed/starting prices: In horse racing, there is the option of backing the current odds as they stand or else bet to cover the odds at the start of the race.
- Futures/outrights: These are long-term bets in which you outright backa future success. Past examples of successful outright bets would have been Chelsea winning the 2016/16 Premier League title or Usain Bolt winning the 100m and 200m at the 2016 Olympics.
- Fractional/decimal: Sport betting sites enable users to display the odds as fractional or decimal. For example, you could see 2/1 fractional odds in a football match, but this would be displayed as 3.00 in decimal.
- Horse racing terms: This particular sport has an array of different bets contained within, such as the double, treble, Trixie, patent, Yankee, lucky 15, Heinz, super Heinz, and Goliath. Details for each are shown with participating bookies.
- In-play: Football, rugby, and tennis are some of the sports that can provide in-play betting markets, which can include the outcome, over/under, and a whole lot more besides. Odds can change fast with in-play, making it important to capitalise before they do.
- Over/under: Football has goals, tennis has games, and rugby has points, with over/under betting thresholds offered for those sports and many others. This gives you the chance to bet over or under a certain level of score being reached, as opposed to selecting the winner or loser.
- Parlays/accumulators: The parlay or accumulator is a scenario where multiple outcomes are combined for a single large bet. Every outcome has to be a success for the parlay to pay out, with football and horse racing being two of the top sports for parlay betting.
- Point spread: This is a gap in which the favourite team can win against the underdog. In spread betting, you have the option of backing the favourite to win by the point spread, or else to wager that the underdog will be much closer. Point spread betting can secure stronger than normal odds for favourites.
- Props/Specials: A proposition bet is the historic name, but now these markets are typically titled as specials with online sportsbooks. The names stems from punters being able to bet on a special action occurring, such as a footballer scoring a hat-trick or a driver winning five races in a row.
- Reverse bets: In horse racing, this would see you back the first two finishers in any order, whereas straight betting would require the exact order.
- Win/lose/draw (1X2): In many sports, the outcomes are home win (1), draw (x), or away win. With 1X2 betting, you simply wager on the outcome you feel is most likely to occur.
What We See Coming In 2019
2019 looks set to be a very exciting year and there is a tonne of exciting trends to look forward to that we think will be massive hits amongst players over the coming year. Find out more below about what we think everyone will be seeing more of in 2019.
Cutting Edge Graphics
If you have been paying attention to slot games in 2018, you will have noticed that the graphics have only gotten better and better and this trend is set to continue into 2019! Slot developers are continually coming up with new and exciting technology to improve the players gaming experience with fresh, innovative ideas and the very best quality graphics. Video slots should continue to prosper into 2019 and we may even see more 3D games coming to the market if the demand is there for them.
Slot Focused Promotions
We’ve all been there where we are looking for some fantastic, great value for money slot game promotions, and they are just nowhere to be found! It can often be the case at online casinos that promotions are focussed more other types of games, but we definitely see this changing for the better in 2019. At your favourite online casinos, expect to see lots more brilliant slot game promotions that offer exciting rewards such as extra free spins. If you are a slot game fanatic, then 2019 will most definitely be the year for you!
Skill Based Bonus Rounds
For the most part, online gambling is a game of luck and this is definitely true when it comes to the bonus rounds in games. However, we may be seeing a change in this throughout 2019 and we would not be surprised to see more developers coming out with exciting new games that offer bonus rounds based on skill.
NewOnlineCasinos.co covers everything innovative that you need to know about new online casinos, not to mention all other major areas of online gambling. Stay here and you will get all of the fresh information needed to sharpen your wagering decisions.