Free spins are now a common sight at today’s online casinos. As more casino sites join the marketplace, competition becomes ever fiercer. So, they have to get creative to ensure players get the best possible experience. And one more recent trend is the rise of free spins, which you can learn all about in this dedicated guide. First, though, here are the most generous free spins casino bonuses on the web:
Top Dog Slots Casino offers a 100% cash-match bonus + 60 free spins across your first 3 deposits!See website for terms and conditions.
Enjoy 600+ games with generous bonuses @ Dunder: A welcome package worth up to £600 + 200 free spins!See website for terms and conditions.
Join & unlock 25 free spins - no deposit needed + a welcome package of up to £1500 + 100 free spins!See website for terms and conditions.
Enjoy a great selection of slots with £10 on the house!See website for terms and conditions.
mFortune gives you £5 free as soon as you join, and you can keep what you win!See website for terms and conditions.
Mr. Spin is a new favourite among slots enthusiasts, with 50 free spins no deposit offered to new players + keep what you win!See website for terms and conditions.
What Are Free Spins?
Quite simply, free spins are bonuses that entitle players to claim free spins that are used exclusively on slot games at online casinos. These are designed as an exclusive bonus for slot games, as each spin is given a pre-assigned value and can often be attached to specific games. Here are the most common ways you can claim free spins:
- No Deposit: Players might first come across free spins no deposit deals when joining new sites. Player can commonly expect to claim 10-20 free spins, with NetEnt casinos a regular source for these offers.
- Welcome Package: As a new player, the second most common place to find free spins is within a larger welcome package that can include multiple deposit bonuses.
- New Slot Launches: To celebrate the release of a new slot game, some casinos will award exclusive spins to encourage players to try the new title.
- Routine Offers: A casino might simply hand out complimentary spins within its on-going promotional schedule.
Free Spins vs. No Deposit Bonuses
At online casinos, players might encounter no deposit offers that give them the chance to claim free spins or bonus funds. For clarity, this section will break down the differences between both offers.
The strength of free spins lies in their simplicity, as casinos often let you keep you win, whereas bonus funds are almost always likely to carry wagering requirements. There are times when winnings are converted to bonus credit, but this just means it was a bad offer.
By design, free spins are usually restrictive in that you can only use them on select games and they have set wagering values. But the case for using them is that they can be easy to win with, albeit in smaller amounts.
The main advantage of bonus funds is that they are more open. You might not be able to use them on progressive jackpots and table games, but the best sites will let you play hundreds of slots and also choose exactly how much you wager on each spin. Control is the main case for no deposit bonuses, but it is tougher to get winnings past the wagering requirements.
Ts & Cs to Watch Out For
When you play with free spins, there are some core terms and conditions that could majorly impact your gameplay and ultimate verdict on the bonus you claimed:
- Game restrictions: Your spins might only be useable on one slot or a selection of titles, but this should be communicated in the offer.
- Wagering requirements: If you are lucky then there will be no requirements to clear. However, some sites will ask you to clear play-through requirements on your winnings.
- Winning cap: Casinos can already restrict you from using free spins on progressive slots, and might even cap your winnings (for example, at £30).
- Deposit demanded: This is frustrating, but there are casinos that will refuse to let you withdraw winnings until you have made a minimum deposit.
- Expiry dates: No bonus lasts forever, so read the terms to see the expiry date.
Now that you know the inside track on free spins, it is time to make the most of the many great deals out there.