Casinos and alcohol tend to go hand in hand. Not only is alcohol readily available everywhere that we are likely to want to have a good time, casinos know that if you are a little bit tipsy – or rip-roaring drunk! – you are more likely to put your hand in your pocket! But did you know that there is actually a cool casino cocktail dubbed just that – the Casino Cocktail?
What is in a Casino Cocktail?
A casino cocktail is always served in a pretty martini-type glass – just think of James Bond and you will be on the right track! If you fancy getting a taste of this boozy number, then you need:
- 2 ounces of Gin
- ¼ of a tablespoon of Maraschino liquor, which is a cherry liquor
- A good squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
The casino cocktail is of course to be shaken, not stirred, and finished with a cherry! I have yet to taste this drink, but I can tell it will be a tasty and fruity little treat! And of course there is plenty of alcohol in this one, which is what you need when you want to enjoy a fun packed night at a casino!
The Sexiest Casino Drinks
Let’s face it – casinos are sexy! Turn on any movie that features a casino (Casino, Casino Royale, Rush Hour) and you will see hordes of slinky ladies in sexy dresses, no doubt sipping from a martini glass! Which is one of the sexiest casino drinks, whilst we are on the subject. You will see a lot of cocktails on a casino menu but a Martini complete with an olive is by far the most popular. But what about the men? They like the “mans” drink of whiskey or bourbon on the rocks, served in a simple tumbler and downed by the dozen!
What to Drink Whilst Playing!
Naturally you are allowed to pick whichever drink you like, but there are a few drinks that correspond with games, for example Poker is often associated with whiskey and so on.
- Roulette – one of the most popular drinks drank at a Roulette table is the Vesper Martini, and this is even featured in the James Bond movie Casino Royale! If it’s good enough for Bond, it’s good enough for me! But there is such a thing as a Roulette cocktail, made with Swedish punch, Bacardi and Calvados.
- Craps – Long Island Iced Tea is a potent mix of rums and bourbons, and so this works nicely with the excitement and thrills of Craps! Of course feeling a little tiddly will make you more brazen to bet, and you really need confidence in this popular game of chance. Another drink associated with Craps is the Champagne Mimosa, which is often referred to as a “Classy Craps” cocktail!
- Slot Games – beer! Yes, beer is most commonly associated with slot games as this is generally the most popular type of game played at a casino and beer is the most popular alcohol to drink. Did you know they even offer up a Slots Cocktail? This treat is known as the Beggars Banquet and whilst the main ingredient is beer, it is mixed with citrusy and spicy liquors like Old Speckled Hen and maple syrup!
- Blackjack – of course there is a cocktails that has been specifically designed with Blackjack in mind! Called simply the Blackjack Cocktail, it is a mix of Cola, Black Sambuca and Blackcurrant juice, making it as black and inky as the game itself!