For several years now, there has been an abundance of casinos that accept Skrill, but have you made the most of a payment method that offers incredible security and simplicity?
Best Casinos with Skrill
Finding an online casino with Skrill is relatively straight-forward, but the real challenge is in finding the best prospects on the marketplace.
Join the fleet! Lucky Admiral gives you a chance to spin & win up to 500 FREE spinson Starburst & other smashing slots!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
UK players only
What is Skrill?
Skrill is one of the longest-running e-wallets used online, having been launched after PayPal in 2001. From a practical standpoint, web consumers are able to fund the e-wallet by using credit cards, debit cards, or bank accounts. The Skrill e-wallet then acts as an intermediary for completing secure payments where players don’t have to share financial details.
How to Create and Use a Skrill Account
Skrill casinos are extremely common in the world, so it is valuable if you know how to create and use an account. This step-by-step guide will remove any of the mysteries surrounding how the e-wallet can be used at casino sites:
- Account creation: Go straight to Skrill.com and look for the “Register” button or equivalent option. Click on the button and then begin by providing an email address and then entering a password.
- Personal details: Skrill will require that you submit personal details in the form of name, address, date of birth, etc. You cannot get away without providing those pieces of information.
- Enter a funding method: You cannot start depositing with Skrill unless you link a funding method to your account. Select this option from your Skrill dashboard and then begin entering the details from your credit card or bank account.
- Approve the funding method: This is a two-stage process where Skrill will send a micro-transaction plus activation code to your funding account. You must then take the code back to your Skrill dashboard and then submit in order to approve the funding method.
- Make a Skrill deposit: Go to your Skrill casino and log in using your account. Then, you need to visit the cashier/payment area, where you can enter the value of deposit that wish to make. At this point, you must select Skrill as the payment method. The casino will process the deposit once you enter your Skrill login.
Skrill Pros and Cons
Every single payment method comes with a selection of pros and cons that will impact your decision-making. In this case, you need to consider these for Skrill.
- Security: Skrill acts as barrier behind which you can make payments using major credit and debit cards, or even your bank account.
- Convenience: A simple Skrill login will eliminate the need for entering long credit card numbers.
- Deposit fees: VISA and MasterCard will incur funding charges of 1.90% and 2.25%, respectively, so you have to use a free option like Maestro.
- Withdrawal fees: VISA withdrawals are charged at 7.50, whereas bank transfers are completely free.
Skrill vs. PayPal and Phone Bill Payments
Skrill is relatively simple to understand as an e-wallet, but PayPal and phone bill are also quite intuitive and worth understanding.
PayPal is less commonly accepted at casino sites, but it’s similar to Skrill at the destinations that do accept it. Basically, it functions as an e-wallet, but will allow free deposits with debit cards and bank accounts, while credit cards are charged at 3.4% + £0.20.
At phone bill casinos, it shall be possible for UK mobile phone users to make deposits through their monthly bill. Deposits are simply credited and confirmed using text messages, but there is no ability to make withdrawals.
Having evaluated Skrill next to PayPal and phone bill payments, it’s important to provide a clear breakdown of the standout features:
| ||Skrill||PayPal||Phone Bill|
|Security||High – only login details required||High – no financial details needed||High – use mobile number and confirm|
|Withdrawals||Yes||Yes||No – withdrawal method required|
|Fees||Yes – deposits and withdrawals||Yes – deposits||No|
|Features||Yes – numerous monitoring tools||Yes – plus an easy-to-use mobile app||No|
Skrill is one of the several effective payment methods that can be used to deposit at major casino sites. Stick with NewCasinosOnline.co to learn even more about deposit methods.