Bitcoin is a digital currency that was invented by Satoshi Nakamoto, according to sources. After emerging in January 2009, Bitcoin was initially popular for dark web users who wanted to make safe and anonymous transfers. Years later, the wider world understands the appeal and there are now Bitcoin casinos. Here are some popular examples:
- mBit Casino: In the absence of a Bitcoin casino no deposit bonus, new players can get a 110% deposit match and 100 free spins.
- BitCasino: Signing up with BitCasino will let newbies double their money before accessing numerous video slots and a live casino.
- Oshi Casino: The initial welcome pack is filled with 5BTC and 200 free spins. Oshi Casino also has a complete gaming suite with blackjack, roulette, and slots.
- Loki Casino: Next in the Bitcoin betting sites is Loki Casino. Bitcoin users have been able to claim up to 1,200 mBTC and 150 free spins when depositing.
- Mega Wins: The final of the best Bitcoin casinos is Mega Wins, where you can choose to unlock up to 1 BTC to boost your initial deposit.
What is Bitcoin?
The simplest explanation is that Bitcoins are produced on a network of computers, with set creation limits each year that mimic the declining rate of discovery for precious resources, as an infinite currency would eventually be worthless. Users who help operate the system are known as miners and receive fractional Bitcoins values in return.
Although it is often described as a payment system, Bitcoin is actually a cryptocurrency. Without getting complex, this means that Bitcoin is transferred using cryptography as a means of providing a secure currency.
How to Get Bitcoin
This is a pretty straightforward process once you get to grips with how it works. Follow this step-by-step guide to get started.
1. Get a Bitcoin Wallet
To obtain Bitcoin, you must install a compatible e-wallet to your preferred electronic device. You should look to the Bitcoin casino UK site where you wish to play and see which wallets are compatible before choosing.
2. Create Public and Private Address Keys
Your new e-wallet will then create encrypted public and private address keys that will be use to transfer the cryptocurrency. The addresses are formed using long strings of automatically generated letters and numbers. Both keys will be assigned to your Bitcoin wallet.
3. Find a Bitcoin Exchange
A Bitcoin exchange such as Bitstamp or Mt Gox will let you use real-world currency to pay for cryptocurrency that will be sent to your public address. Using your wallet, you can transfer funds between each.
4. Transfer Funds to a Casino
With the deposit now residing in your Bitcoin wallet, the only step left is to transfer the funds to your casino account. Simply follow the casino’s instructions to complete the deposit.
How Withdrawals Work
Following a big win, players can simply request a withdrawal to the Bitcoin wallet they used to make their initial deposit. Once the funds have arrived, players can use their public and private addresses to convert the funds into real-world currency with a Bitcoin exchange.
Comparing Bitcoin to e-Wallets
Freedom is the biggest difference between this cryptocurrency and e-wallets such as PayPal or Neteller. For instance, neither of those e-wallets has its own currency, whereas Bitcoins can be exchanged for dollars and pounds. Bitcoins operate without the same limitations, meaning US residents can make payments to online casinos not licensed in their state.
- PayPal: PayPal accounts are potentially vulnerable to phishing scams that can obtain user details that are later leveraged to make unapproved payments. It’s true that PayPal is more prevalent in the casino industry, but this e-wallet is more vulnerable because of its user-friendly nature.
- paysafecard: The perk of paysafecard is its isolated design wherein players can obtain funds offline and submit a pin code for funds online. And while paysafecard is more widely accepted, Bitcoin has an established means of performing withdrawals.
- Phone bill: Phone bill payments also share the benefit of security, and they are actually more convenient. But they can fall short for their lack of accountability, with some players forgetting about how much they are spending. Meanwhile, they also lack established withdrawal systems.
For all of the freedom that a cryptocurrency can give you, there can be a major drawback in terms of volatility. In the past, the value of Bitcoin has often declined so suddenly that it’s worth half of what it was earlier in the day. You just cannot sit on winnings that you wish to withdraw. You need to withdraw and convert them while the exchange rate is good.
Bitcoin Casino FAQs
As a final exercise we shall now explore some of the most frequently asked questions that arise in the Bitcoin casino field.
Is Bitcoin Completely Anonymous? Do I Have to Provide Personal Details?
The simple response is that Bitcoin transactions are anonymous, whereas personal details will be required at some stage of the wider process. For starters, your casino site will request that you present personal details (name, address, contact, etc.) in the creation of your account.
On top of that, you might also be asked to provide personal details if you create an account with a web-based Bitcoin wallet or to perform currency exchanges. In some cases, you might be able to avoid providing personal details if you download a Bitcoin wallet app to your device.
How Long Does it Take to Deposit or Cashout?
Financial transactions can be completed extremely quickly on e-wallets, but it can be ever so slightly slower when using Bitcoin. Typically, the time taken to complete a Bitcoin transaction shall be 10 minutes. The ideal target among users is for them to be able to complete six Bitcoin transactions in one hour.
What is the Difference between BTC, mBTC, and uBTC?
These abbreviations are used to signify different bands of Bitcoin values. This cryptocurrency goes to huge numbers in decimal places, which is why the above terms are needed. Here is what each of them means in Bitcoin terminology:
- BTC: Bitcoin unit
- mBTC: MilliBitcoin unit (one thousandth of a Bitcoin)
- uBTC: MicroBitcoin unit (one millionth of a Bitcoin)
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Bitcoin on Online Casinos?
To cap of the section, this last question will focus on the pros and cons of electing to use Bitcoin with online casinos.
- Bitcoin wallets can complete transactions without asking players to provide financial information that can be exploited.
- Comparatively, Bitcoin transactions incur extremely low or else no fees at all compared traditional financial methods.
- Bitcoin transactions are completed through providing mathematical evidence that the cryptocurrency came from the user. Basically, the cryptocurrency provides an in-built system of security that is stronger next to encryption technology alone.
- This is a process that most new users will take some time to understand, ranging from basic terminology to setting up a working Bitcoin wallet.
- Bitcoin transactions can take 10 minutes or longer to complete when funding a wallet, so it’s important to be prepared in advance.
- Bitcoin is not yet a standard payment method/currency with casino sites, which means that you might still require other payment methods to play elsewhere.
Make sure to stick with NewCasinosOnline.co for Bitcoin casino reviews and lots more advice.
Top Dog Slots - Claim Bonus Now!