Tennis tournaments run for most of the year, travelling to countries with warmer climates to keep the matches coming. The sport is filled with action-packed moments and tennis betting odds based on those, and this guide can lend a hand to new bettors.
Where to Place Tennis Bets Online
Get served with the best tennis betting odds at LeoVegas and double your winnings!
[Read Full Review]
See website for terms and conditions.
How to Bet Online on Tennis
Tennis is a strongly represented pursuit among online sports betting websites, so you will not have to look far to find a strong destination. When you do, here is how to bet on tennis:
- Join a sportsbook: The simplest step is to select the sign-up option and begin the process of setting up your new account.
- Provide your details: The setup process will ask that you create a username and password. Then, you can advance to providing name, address, date of birth, and contact details.
- Verify your age: UK sports betting sites are highly reputable and will often confirm a player’s age when they create their account. Most commonly, this is performed through entering credit card details, even if this will not be the payment method.
- Claim the welcome offer: Online sportsbooks compete for users attention by providing welcome offers. View the latest offer and terms to decide whether you want to snag no deposit funds or a matched bet, depending on the site.
- Place a wager: You can choose to spurn the welcome offer, but the betting funds might be useful. At this stage, you can go see the tennis section and identify which matches are coming up next and whom you wish to back.
Types of Tennis Bets Available
There are literally thousands of different thinks that can happen in a tennis match, and you can certainly bet on many of them. Here is where you can be guided through the most common types of tennis betting.
General Types of Tennis Betting
Tennis betting sites offer a wide range of markets and different outcomes within those, but these are the standard options you will typically encounter:
- Correct set score: In addition to backing the winner, you identify the set score they triumph with. For the most part, you can back 2-0 or 2-1, but the larger men’s tournaments like Wimbledon will also offer 3-0, 3-1, or 3-2.
- Correct match score: The correct match score is simply whenever you back the player who wins the overall match.
- Number of sets in match: This a bet where you will commonly be able to back whether there are under or over 2.5 sets played in the entire match.
- Number of games in match: In this instance, you back over/under or within the thresholds for the number of total games in the entire match.
- First set total games: Pick a level of games and then back under or over odds for the outcome you feel is most likely (e.g. under 10.5 games).
- First set game score: Here, you are required to pick the exact first set game score for one of the competitors. For example, this could be 6-3 or 6-4 to the favourite.
To make matters interesting, a sportsbook will provide plus and minus scores in handicap betting. Most commonly, this will see punters back a favourite, but with a minus score attached to their performance. There is not much leeway for this approach when betting on sets, whereas this can work better for games.
Double Result Betting
In tennis, it can sometimes occur that a favourite will lose the first set because they didn’t succeed in the coin toss, while at other times they might begin sluggish by the latter stages of a tournament. You can take advantage by placing a double result bet where the player loses the first set, but ultimately wins the match.
This is where you bet on the total set score for a match. For example, you might believe that Andy Murray stands to beat a player like Milos Raonic, but the match is the semi-final of a major. Therefore, you have an inkling that Murray will win the match 3-2.
Tennis matches can be extremely long affair with numerous twists and turns. When watching these spectacles, you can try to take advantage in different ways. For instance, a shift of momentum could lead to you fancying the underdog to win the next game, current set, or the entire match for handsome odds.
How Tennis Odds Work
At this stage, it has to be highlighted that New Casinos Online does not have access to the highly complex formulas and algorithms that are used to calculate the hundreds of different betting odds that are available in individual tennis matches. Nevertheless, the guide will aim to provide insight on the basics of how tennis odds work.
In a single’s match between the world number three and the world number 12, the odds are going to be much shorter for the favourite. For example, the number three might only receive odds of 1.25, whereas the longer shot could deliver 9.00.
World rankings figure heavily in the calculation process, but online sportsbooks will also integrate factors such as recent form, playing surface, head-to-head results, tournament history, and any recent or long-term injuries that have occurred.
Match Outcomes Example
Tennis matches are designed by games and sets, meaning that there are numerous outcomes that can occur in addition to the overall result. Many tennis betting markets have already been explained, but this example will focus on explaining the odds that are available for set betting.
In the match between the number five and the number 12, the clear favourite will have improved odds when backing them to win at 2-0, with 2-1 being slightly longer. For instance, you might receive 1.80 on a 2-0 win, while 2-1 could be worth 4.00. Those odds will be much larger for any scenario where the long shot wins the match.
Other Factors to Consider in Tennis Betting
Before delving into the vast selection of free tennis betting tips offered online, it is important to realise that there are steps you can take to exert a greater level of control over the process. For starters, here are some factors that you can consider in your betting process:
- Who is competing: Look at an upcoming tournament and scan through the male and female competitors. You can even look at the odds on potential tournament winners to see which are the most fancied.
- Evaluate player strengths: Novak Djokovic has been superb on hard courts and grass courts, while Rafa Nadal has triumphed numerous times on clay. Consequently, it is always worth doing your homework and analysing the strengths of a player.
- Latest form: The Australian Open is the first major at the start of the calendar year and serves as a useful barometer for identifying which players are starting in form. Ahead of majors, it is always vital to see how players are getting on.
- Tournament history: Roger Federer dominated Wimbledon for year, and those who were early on his band wagon were handsomely rewarded for considering the Swiss player’s tournament history.
- One vs. one record: Andy Murray has a history of struggling against elite players like Djokovic and Federer. Mentality is such as key part of tennis matches that it is difficult to overlook an encounter where one player consistently wins.
- Understand the sport: Fans with a thorough understanding of tennis matches will be able to spot lucrative markets such as set betting and match betting. Backing the winners alone is tough, but betting on markets can be more consistent for returns.
Tips for New Tennis Bettors
There are always new factors to consider in tennis betting, no matter how small. At some point, however, you need to shut out those thoughts and focus on the basics:
- Determine your budget: You must assign a clear budget for any fresh series of bets. Failing to do so could result in you chasing losses and losing track of your spending.
- Identify a stopping point: Similarly, it is also important to pick a value of target winnings where you can stop, otherwise you might continue until it is all gone.
- Start on small bets: First-time bettors should restrict the value of their bets while getting to learn the overall process of betting on tennis. This is a time when you should be learning rather than taking large and unknown risks.
- Avoid in-play bets: Wait until you are even more experienced, as it requires a considerable amount of instantly accessible tennis knowledge to take full advantage and avoid a string of losses.
- Remain calm and patient: You might have just endured a frustrating loss, but you should hold back from betting rashly and trying to recover the funds.
You might be new to tennis betting, but this guide will help you quickly get up to speed – just like the many other guides available here at New Casinos Online.
Top Dog Slots - Claim Bonus Now!