Blackjack has been known as “the game of many faces” and whilst this of course refers to the Jack, Queen AND King (the cards that will help you win!) it also refers to the millions of variations on offer! Blackjack is the most celebrated casino game both online and offline and this is due to many factors like how easy it is to learn, play and win! This is why the best new online casino sites take this classic game and give it their very own twist!
How to Play Blackjack
The aim if the game is the same no matter which variation you play. All that this involves is the dealer handing you 2 cards from a standard 52 deck. You then have to try and hit 21 using his cards, but you are playing against the Dealer whose aim is the same as yours. If you hit more than 21 it is an automatic fold, which is known as going bust. The number cards depict their standard denomination – e.g. a 2 of any suit and 5 of any suit makes 7 and so on – but the Faces (Jack, Queen and King) all represent 10. Depending on where you play and which variation of the game you play, Aces can be either 1 or 11. If you are faced with (for example) a 5 and a 7 making 11, you can Twist and the dealer will give you another card. This would then mean that you need a Face or a 10 to complete your hand and give you a total of 21. It really is that simple!
- Going Bust – hitting over 21
- Double Down – issues player another card and doubles their initial bet
- Flat Bet – betting equal amounts on each hand
- Hard Total – a hand that does not contain an Ace. Also refers to a hand in which the Ace represents 1 and not 11
Popular Blackjack Variations
- Triple 7 – this is a progressive blackjack game where the player has the ability to split their hand. This gives you more chances of winning! The progressive jackpot will pop all over the player who manages to bag 777 in diamonds!
- Spanish 21 – in this one there are tonnes of things that you can do in order to try and bag a win, from the option to surrender or rescue to splitting and more.
- Double Exposure – this one offers players the chance to keep increasing their wager after they have seen the dealer’s card, giving you the foresight of how good or bad your odds are and helping you to win more cash by making more informed choices.
- Double Blackjack Attack – 8 decks are used for this one and not only can you choose to double your bet after you have seen the dealer’s card and surrender after splitting.
These are simply the most popular variations of Blackjack that are offered at the best casino sites like GoWild – who are very well known for their blackjack tournaments and multi-hand offerings.
For further blackjack strategy, take a look at this article.